Pages Navigation Menu

Health, Diets, Fitness & Your Life here...

First aid for mushroom poisoning

Self-Collected mushrooms taste particularly good. Who goes on a search, but you should have a good understanding, as some fungi are incompatible or even toxic. Even experienced mushroom pickers can be wrong. Then quick reference gefragt. Erste help with mushroom poisoning.

Mushroom poisoningPrevention is better than cure and this applies even while collecting mushrooms. There are mushrooms, which are easier to recognize and therefore suitable for beginners. These include puffballs and boletes. In addition, it is useful not only be read, but to gain an introduction by a fungus expert in the art of mushroom collecting. Finally, there are around 10,000 species of fungi. In many communities, training courses are offered. For knowledge also entails identifying the first signs of mushroom poisoning. The signs may include a few minutes after eating or even occur after several days, which will depend on the nature of the poison and the amount. The main symptoms are:

  • Nausea
  • Vomiting and diarrhea
  • Abdominal and stomach pain
  • Sweats
  • Breathing and heart problems
  • Dizziness

In any case, it is important to consult a doctor or the nearest hospital immediately. If there are mushrooms, they may be submitted to the doctor who an expert for the accurate determination of possibly calling in. If there are no more mushrooms left, the vomit and have diarrhea should also be collected and put into a vessel for laboratory examination with the doctor. The analysis of the poison gives information about which medication should be administered. The danger in a mushroom poisoning is also in the possible long-term damage. Depending on the organ toxic adverse effects are possible. Here the kidneys and liver are particularly vulnerable.

Quick response important in a mushroom poisoning.

Special care is required in children who eat mushrooms perhaps unobserved found. Why should children who have no direct relation to nature, not play there without supervision, in which is to be expected, of course with poisonous plants or fungi. Under no circumstances should poisonous mushrooms are destroyed in nature. They are an important part of an ecosystem and only in case of improper contact a danger. Young people need to be educated about the risk of mandatory hallucinogenic mushrooms.

Secondary causes of mushroom poisoning.

Also edible fungi can cause poisoning. Then the speech, which is caused by tainted mushrooms from a secondary fungal poisoning. This can also be avoided by following these tips:

  • Transport crates or in paper
  • Keep no longer than 24
  • Keep in paper bags and refrigerate
  • Mushrooms have fresh smell
  • Mushrooms must be firmly
  • Dispose of mushrooms with mold
  • Do not use mushrooms with soft spots

Another violent reaction to fungi may also be the result of an allergic reaction, which initially can not be reliably differentiated from poisoning. A visit to the doctor provides clarity and you can save lives.
In spite of all fungi are considered detoxifier of the soil and unique medicinal mushrooms are therefore used successfully for therapy in humans varied. Worked up in a more user-friendly administration medicinal mushrooms are sold freely available in pharmacies.